It’s time to EDUCATE YO’SELF.
pumpkinonline is a farming and dating RPG game (inspired by Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, if you’re into that) currently in the works. It’s gonna be the BEST DAMN MMORPG ON THE INTERWEBS, and I’ll tell you why:
- it will feature NPCs of multiple skin tones, physical ability levels, and body types.
- Character creation will feature MANY more skin tones than most RPGs allow (the creators are even designing a character with vitiligo).
- You won’t have to choose your character’s gender until AFTER YOU’VE CREATED YOUR AVATAR, so trans* and nonbinary characters will be not only encouraged, but freaking possible. Your character can have any body you want—from rail-thin to “chubby”, big breasted or flat-chested, muscular or wiry—and THEN you get to choose how they identify.
- Your character can date or marry any NPC or player character in the game world, regardless of body or gender. Multiple player characters can date the same NPC and each play as if they are the only character dating that NPC.
- Into polyamory? Cool! You can date multiple NPCs in the game without drama, and will also be able to negotiate polyamorous relationships with other players in the game who are into it too!
- Asexual/aromantic? Also cool! Dating isn’t required in the game, and physical affection is mostly just implied rather than explicitly shown. You can farm to your heart’s content and make best friends with NPCs and other characters if that’s all you want to do.
- The head of the design team for the game is an African-American woman. Supporting diversity in gaming companies FTW.
- Speaking of the design team, they have been super helpful and responsive to people who want representation in the game. If you look at what’s being designed and you feel left out for some reason, contact them and they’ll try to fix it!
The reason I’m putting so much effort into this post is because Pumpkin Online, this massively inclusive and positive (and fun looking!) game is still in the fundraising process. They have 20 days (as of today) to raise $22,000 for the project. They have staggered levels of rewards on Kickstarter; a minimum $20 donation will get you beta access to the game. If you want this game to become a real thing, go donate here or at least signal boost the pumpkin guts out of this. Please. For me.
the asterisk is transmisogynist, it’s just trans — but this is awesome
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
FOLLOWERS YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS
I HAVE ALMOST EVERY HARVEST MOON GAME
AAAAAAAAHHHHH I AM SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW
IM FLIPPING OUT IM EVEN CONSIDERING CRYING
THATS HOW FUCKING EXCITED AND HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW
I HAVENT BEEN THIS EXCITED IN *MONTHS*
AND IVE *NEVER* BEEN SO FUCKING HYPED FOR A GAME
IM FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT YOU SHOULD SEE ME RIGHT NOW
IF YOU HELP KICKSTART THIS SHIT ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
IM BUYING BETA ACCESS ASAP
*INTERNAL SCREAMING* I NEED TO BUY BETA ACCESS IMMEDIATELY I NEED TO HELP BACK THIS I NEED MONEY I WILL FUCKING DO THIS SOMEHOW THIS SHIT HAS TO BECOME REAL I WILL KILL FOR THIS I HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED OR HAPPY OR FUCKING FLIPPING OUT IN MONTHS
I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE HAVING A FIT OF JOY RIGHT NOW
PLEASE BACK THIS IF YOU CAN
AND IF YOU CAN’T PLEASE REBLOG
THIS IS IMPORTANT AND IT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND IT’S LIKE $12K AWAY FROM THE GOAL RIGHT NOW
PLEASE Y’ALL REBLOG, SIGNAL BOOST, BACK THIS IF YOU CAN
i literally have goosebumps